[PD] GEM pix_film/movie issues

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 23:57:25 CET 2007

Hi.
I'm trying to set up Csound and PD together to score an animation.
When I have Csound send the frame numbers explicitly, the picture
bleeds all over itself, like some pixels not refreshing regularly or
something.  I notice, though, that I can send a frame number while
'auto 1' is enabled and it jumps to that spot and keeps playing.  I
think this will suit my purposes, but I'm wondering if PD always gets
the fps exactly right under auto.  Obviously it wouldn't do to have me
give the animators a soundfile that doesn't line up exactly on their
machines.
Is there any way for GEM to read fps from a file header, so it can
tell Csound in order to calculate starting points when I want to go
over certain sections?

-Chuckk

http://www.badmuthahubbard.com