[PD] slicing samples

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Feb 13 09:58:58 CET 2007

Hallo,
jared hat gesagt: // jared wrote:

> First post!  Glad to be here.
>
> I'm in the middle of installing all of the PD goodies.  I'll have some
> questions concerning installations and such...please bare with me! :-)
>
> First off, I'm really interested in 'slicing' up samples with PD
> (beat/transient detection) and rearranging them....
>
> Is there an object or abstraction that I should be using to achieve
> this?  Does anyone have any patches that they'd like to share relating
> to this?

First off++: You may want to take a look at the archive as well. It
provides more almost a decade of sometimes deep Pd knowledge.

Here's a simple slicer/slice player that uses the powerful Aubio
externals for beat/transient detection:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2006-10/043536.html

A slicer that just slices using [bonk~] was posted recently:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2007-02/046809.html
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2007-02/046855.html

This should give you some ideas where to start.

Ciao