[PD] hid compatibility

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Tue Feb 13 20:03:07 CET 2007

>> The object is already working for MacOS but i haven't had time for
>> Windows yet. It will be part of vibrez_pure.
>
> Great stuff. Can one just snap stuff/objects out of the vibrez_pure
> build and add it else where?

In general, this is not possible for the objects that are special for
vibrez_pure, because they use (at least) pd_devel features. It
possible though for the objects from other authors that are just
packaged with vibrez_pure.
The other way around should be perfectly possible... adding object to
the vibrez_pure application is described in the accompanying docs.
Please note that vibrez_pure is still under evolvement, as is the
full vibrez. (as is pd...)

> Also, apart from the wee intro text on the website, can you share
> more info on the vibrez_pure project - especially how it differs
> from the other distributions?

The intention is to provide a really optimized core distro that is
well documented and well-tested, with usable midi and audio
interfaces and a few other bonus externals. It's only the core of the
larger vibrez project, but we would be happy if people find it useful
on its own.

greetings,
Thomas

--