[PD] puredatabase

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Feb 14 06:01:05 CET 2007

On Feb 8, 2007, at 10:05 AM, marius schebella wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>>> I thought we (the potential users of the database) in this phase
>>> could brainstorm and discuss ideas on how we would like it.
>> I think this should be generated from the meta data in the help
>> files.  For PDDP, we plan on using the help files as the central
>> location for meta data.
>
> I would rather have content (in xml style) and layout (webformat,
> pdf format,...) separated
> <object>
>   <objectname>coolobject</objectname>
>   <library>core</library>
>   <description>blablablab</description>
>   <tags>audio,streaming,web,keywords<tags-family>
>   <help-patch>
>    a pd patch...
>   </help-patch>
> </object>
> (...and many many more).
> parsing this meta data into the pd patches is probably easier. and
> editing the metadata outside, too. (using copy, paste, replace)
> m.

But since we are working with Pd, it makes sense to have this data in
Pd rather than some other format.  Then you don't need to learn
something new, like XML, to contribute.  It would be quite
straightforward to parse the [pd META] info and generate XML from
that, if you want XML.

Access to computers should be unlimited and total.  - the hacker ethic