[PD] Sampler loop strategies

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 18:13:15 CET 2007

On 2/14/07, Dafydd Hughes <dafydd61 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The best solution I can think of is to use 2 tabread4~'s, crossfading
> for every pass of the loop.  Anybody have a better idea?
>
> I know I could just use a softsynth for this, but in a beautiful
> reversal, in this case it's actually easier to use pd.
>
> Take that, propellerhead.

I believe that your solution for the loop is the "classic" solution
that most samplers implement.

I didn't understand your comments about the soft synth though - are
you saying that you think it's easier making a sampler in PD, than
using a pre-made sampler? That seems a surprising conclusion, based on
my own dabbling trying to create a sampler in Pd versus using software
samplers (though the one I like best NI Intakt, which is more for
one-shots, beat-slicing, and loops, and not for multi-samples).

~David