[PD] Dynamic patching questions

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Sun Feb 18 04:36:30 CET 2007

Hi,
A few questions regarding dynamic patching using only Pd messages (or
internals) :

1) Is it possible to delete and disconnect objects without clearing
the whole canvas ?

2) Is it ok to create GUI objects with not even half the arguments it
could take ? Pd seems to be likely to crash when we create GUI objects
using a message with the atom "empty" in it.

3) Is the use of [namecanvas $0] recommended or totally deprecated ?

4) Where can I find an abstraction or object to convert any familiar
representation of colors to the Tk colors (or whatever is used for GUI
objects) ?

Thanks !
--
Alexandre Quessy