metro vs. samm~ [was: Re: [PD] Re: pix_film more questions]

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Mon Feb 19 06:23:35 CET 2007

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 16:46:39 +0100
Roman Haefeli <reduzierer at yahoo.de> wrote:

> not each edge of a signal generated by [phasor~] lies exactly on 1 or 0
> because of the grid introduced by the samplingrate. see attached patch.
>
> roman

Ah yes, I remember now. I had to reduce that to[>= 0.95] or something and then
you sometimes get 2 or 3 samples set in a row.

So another way I came up with was to use [z~] to delay a squarewave by a
sample and then subtract it from itself leaving just an isolated value
set to 1.0. Afair that worked okay.