[PD] fader gain

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Feb 19 14:04:46 CET 2007

hi derek

as Dafydd mentioned it, i use also a 'squared' scale. it is somehow in
the middle of the both extremes 'linear' and 'logarithmic'. linear is a
pain, when trying to adjust the volume in the low level area, whereas
the 'logarithmic' scale is too accurate in that area.
i'd say 'mathematically' correct is, what makes sense for your ears,
since all scales are 'mathematically' correct, but different. i
remember, that miller pucket posted once, that he uses {0-1}^4 (square
of a square).

roman