[PD] Re: metro vs. samm~

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Feb 19 17:00:15 CET 2007

Hallo,
Thomas Grill hat gesagt: // Thomas Grill wrote:

> what exactly is the difference of samm~ compared to the long time
> existing iem t3 objects?

Which reminds me: Aren't the t3_* objects superfluous since we have
vline~?

I mean, instead of t3_bpe, t3_delay, t3_line~, t3_metro, t3_sig~ and
t3_timer we could use vline~, delay, vline~, metro, vline~ and timer
now and we would get exactly the same result except that t3 counts in
samples and needs an additional float prepended to every message while
vline~ wants milliseconds and works with regular messages.

Ciao