[PD] sending a string to textfile

John Harrison john.harrison at wichita.edu
Tue Feb 20 05:55:33 CET 2007

I have a very simple problem which I can't seem to figure out.

I have a message coming in from a receive object as defined by the user.
It is what I would consider a string. A typical example:
The best song ever: #1

I want to write this to a text file.
If the user sticks the word "add" in front of their text, I can pass it
directly to the textfile object and it works fine. But without the word
"add" already in front on the text, I can't for the life of me figure
out how prepend the string with the word "add" to send the entire string
to then send on to the textfile object.

If I do |add $1( in the above example, only "best" is passed on.
If I do |add $0 $1( in the above example, "0 best" is passed on.

Advice?

-John