[PD] newbie growing pains...

Kyle Klipowicz kyleklip at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 21:17:33 CET 2007

That's very sound advice, Darek! I followed(/am following) a very
similar trajectory.

What I'd add to that:

Above all, don't think that you need to only use Pd for everything.
It's a great tool, but can bog you down from truly creating things if
you are stuck reinventing the wheel every time you get the time and
urge to make music/art.

It's perfectly acceptible to use Pd for its strengths, but then
another application when Pd is less-than-adequate (or requiring dozens
of hours to make it adequate).

I recall a quote from Miller that paraphrased said something to the
effect that Pd is like the bash shell in UNIX. You wouldn't write a
word processor in a bash script, but it's great for rapidly
prototyping a quick and useful solution.

~Kyle