[PD] minor but persistent annoyances

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Feb 26 23:26:04 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 22:34 +0100, Derek Holzer wrote:
> I'd point more to OS X or the Aqua desktop as the culprit, actually.
> Don't know 'bout windows, but on many Linux window managers, you can
> use
> the Alt+Mouse to relocate a window (of any app) and find the resize
> tab
> at the edges. File a feature request at Apple, where they get paid to
> read those things ;-)

as other people already mentioned, it happens also on windows, not only
in aqua/osx. so i'd say the culprit is rather not aqua/osx. i also
posted that issue here at least two times. from what i can say, saving a
patch makes it bigger by a few pixels in both dimensions. so if one does
open a patch, save it, close it, open it again and so on, it grows with
each cycle. i'd say an easy workaround, if not the solution, would be to
subtract 3px in each dimension for each canvas when saving a patch. i'm
not a tk/tcl-coder, though....

roman