[PD] fn delete

Luke Iannini (pd) lukexipd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 10:01:55 CET 2007

> Yeah, the key mappings are a mess in Pd.  It's all handled in Tcl.
> This needs a clean-up on all platforms.  Anyone want to try?
>
> .hc
I had a look with no prior knowledge of Tcl/Tk... I have no idea where
the "Delete" message is being intercepted.  It is not in pd.tk,
afaict; it looks like it is being caught and told to send keycode 8
(backspace).  I was able to change BackSpace's keycode  successfully
(e.g. to a "." character) but changes to the Delete keycode still show
up as the box.  Strangely, the "Delete" keysym shows up in the console
if you uncomment the debug code at the top of the proc, so I'm not
sure where this is getting messed up (I found no other references in
pd.tk).

So, hope that confuses someone.

Does anyone know if windows can be set to "fill while resizing" in
Tcl/Tk?  I've had a look around and can't find anything, and all other
Tk apps I've tried in OS X have the same "transparent frame"/Windows
95/OS 9 style resize, so I assume that is a no.