[PD] Google Summer of Code WIKI

Josh Steiner josh at vitriolix.com
Thu Mar 1 20:46:50 CET 2007

Georg Holzmann wrote:
> Hallo!
>

>>> Well, I guess updating PdVST is a little bit too small ...
>>>

>> not if done correctly, it should be portable, support multiple plugin
>> formats (ladsa, dx, vst), etc.  would be a really good summer project.
>>

> you are right ... but aren't there already hosts for all the plugins ?

other way around, the project isnt to host plugins in pd, its to host pd
patches as a plugins in other vst hosts (live, flstudio, whatever)...
check out PdVST if you have a windows box... it works pretty well, but
is based of a really outdated pd:

http://www-crca.ucsd.edu/~jsarlo/pdvst/

>> i am unable... i removed "PdVST" from the short list, "Pluggo4PD" is
>> probably a better descriptor, but now there is no little ? to click on.
>>

> strange ;) ... I changed it to PluggoPD, now it's possible again ... it
> seems that for the wiki there should be no numbers in the names ...

ahh, that makes some sense, thanks.  i'll try to find some time soon to
writeup a description.  if anyone wants to pipe in with wanted features
or maybe clues on how to implement this it would be helpful.

-josh

tasty electronic music vittles      --  bluevitriol.com
the only music blog you need        --  playtherecords.com
you are the dj.  interactive music  --  improbableorchestra.com
random observations of the bizarre  --  vitriolix.com