[PD] pd joystick

Matteo Sisti Sette matteo.sistisette at email.it
Fri Mar 2 01:45:27 CET 2007

Hi,

I was looking for an external to receive data from a standard joystick (at
least for windows).
I only found the "pd_joystick" one that can be downloaded here:

http://crca.ucsd.edu/~jsarlo/pd/

It works fine, but it has a huge design flaw in that the number of outlets
depends on the number of axes of the joystick detected at startup.
This makes it nearly useless in most "serious" patch development situations.
I don't need to explain why, do I?

Dose anyone know some better and more pd-minded alternative?
Well, I guess pd-extended includes some, doesn'tit? however I would like to
download just the joystick external rather than the whole pd-extended, so it
would be fine to know how it's called etc.

Thank you
M.