[PD] Using a Wind Controller with PD

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 23:22:48 CET 2007

Thanks, Malte. I have spent the last week in PD heaven. I have been
wanting to build a simple synth engine for a while, and this give me
an opportunity to start with a Monophonic patch. Basically, I am kind
of recreating a Minimoog configuration, with some more flexible
Envelope generators, and I hope to be done with it this weekend, so
that I can start learning my way around the WX5.

I am downloading the BIG video, and will watch it later on tonight.
Thanks again. I hope to be able to post my patch on Monday. I can send
it to you directly, if you would be so interested.

Thanks,

Mike

On 3/2/07, Malte Steiner <steiner at block4.com> wrote:
> Only a small dark video of a performance with my project 31101 Orchester.
> http://www.urbanunits.com/index.php?page=31101orchester
>
> So far only as streaming quicktime, I have to youtube it sometime.
>
> Here is an older one at youtube with WX5 but its offtopic. Its
> nongraphical and from my Max/MSP times:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAy3PCZWK08
>
> The first one is just the beginning so not terrible exciting yet. The
> sound and midi processing does PD but the graphics are generated by my
> own OpenGL software. For some reasons I am quicker with C/C++ as GEM,
> donno why. The same approach I had with the dataglove concert at last
> Piksel.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Malte
> --
> Malte Steiner
> media art + development
> -www.block4.com-
>
> next events:
> 2.3. DJ together with Xyramat at The Thing Party, Buttclub Hamburg

Help the Environment, Plant a Bush back in Texas!

"I place economy among the first and most important republican
virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared.
To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with
perpetual debt."
-- Thomas Jefferson, third US president, architect and author (1743-1826)

"Give Peace a Chance" -- John Lennon (9 October 1940 – 8 December 1980)

Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything
we have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.
—Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician