[PD] [textfile] behavior

David F. Place d at vidplace.com
Sun Mar 4 02:50:04 CET 2007

Pd:

I am writing a sequencer using Pd and have bumped into the following
problem.  I would like to be able to position the textfile object to
start playback from a certain record.   The approach I have taken works
for small files, but breaks down for large files.  I've abstracted the
behavior into the attached patch. textfileBug.pd

I suspect that it reflects some inadequacy in my understanding of Pd,
but just in case it is a bug, here are my system specs.

Pd 0.41
Fedora Core 4
64-bit AMD

Thanks,