[PD] PD vista compatability

Geert Bleyen geert.bleyen at student.uhasselt.be
Mon Mar 5 22:58:01 CET 2007

Has anyone else had any experience with using PD on Vista64? I've tried it
running on a vista 64bit machine and must say that it doesnt really work
very well. The sound is totally screwed, a simple sinus synthesizer gives
me weird sound anomalies (pulsating sounds). Using the same files in XP
gives me no problems whatsoever. I presume that is caused by
incompatibilities with either (or both) the 64bit of the vista OS. So are
there any plans to release a vista64 release of PD?

My machine is a Intel core2Duo T5500, 2Gb memory, ATI X1400 mobile and a
'Realtek High Definition Audio' soundcard.

Kind regards,
   Geert