[PD] [msgfile] and [textfile] problems.

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Mar 6 17:14:24 CET 2007

David F. Place wrote:
> Recently, I sent a message complaining about the behavior of
> [textfile].    I learned about [msgfile] in the zexy library and thought
> it would solve my problems, but it has not.
>
> I have distilled my complaints in the attached patch.
> 1.)  [textfile] blows the stack on too low a number.  The stack should
> be bigger.  ...or maybe a startup option for Pd.

hmm, adding a bigger stack will just push the problem to LATER, it is
not a solution.

one solution would be, to not use the stack at all, if it is possible.
in your case, this is fairly easy (see attached patch).

hint: [until]

> 2.) [msgfile] doesn't seem to work at all when you barrage it with
> consecutive bangs.

i'll try to fix that.
in the meantime, there is a [flush( message, will output all messages in
[msgfile]

fm.asdr
IOhannes