[PD] Is asynchronous but fast loading possible?

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Tue Mar 6 17:57:37 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 16:30 +0100, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> So my question is. Is there an asynchronous, non-blocking way to load
> a wave
> file into a table, but faster than real-time playing?
> I mean, something that loads the file as fast as it can but without
> blocking
> dsp execution, and for example bangs when load is complete?

short answer: "no"
long answer: it's a bit better with my sndfiler, but the answer is still
"no"

cheers ... tim

--
tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://tim.klingt.org

There's no such entity as "most people". These are generalities. All
generalities are meaningless. You've got to pin it down to a specific
person doing a specific thing at a specific time and space.
  William S. Burroughs