[PD] [msgfile] previous bug abstraction too simple.

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Mar 6 18:47:25 CET 2007

Hallo,
David F. Place hat gesagt: // David F. Place wrote:

> In my previous message my abstraction was too simple.  I can't use
> [Until] after all.

But maybe you can use [until]? You could stop the [until] through its
right inlet whenever you get a "wait"-line in [textfile]. Then restart
it again after the [delay].

I don't know if you have any use for it, but another popular trick is
to send a float to [until] to just bang it for that many times.

> You can see by the attached patch the behavior that I want using
> [textfile].   I want to output records until I find a wait, wait a bit,
> then continue.  This works fine with textfile.  However, I also want to
> be able to seek a certain record without causing any output.

Maybe [pool] would be better then, or the immensely powerful and
flexible STL-objects in PDContainer.

Ciao