[PD] Percolate

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Mar 7 23:57:35 CET 2007

Hallo,
David Powers hat gesagt: // David Powers wrote:

> Although I'm naive on all this stuff, maybe this question will help
> the plot to thicken:
> If STK is incompatible with GPL, how is it that ChucK, which is GPL
> software, is able to include ports of all Perry Cook's STK stuff???
> And if it works for them, I don't see why it can't be done for PD.

STK *is* compatible with the GPL. But Percolate includes some other
objects that are not derived from STK and are covered by a different
license which prohibits commercial and non-educational distribution.

If you're just interested in STK you can use the STK objects in the
GGEE collection of Pd externals (or build some simple STK externals
with flext by adapting the flext tutorial files.)

Ciao