[PD] apt get for abstractions

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Mon Mar 12 03:28:16 CET 2007

Sure,
But such a system should be as portable as Pd. Such a system should be
in C, I guess, for maximum portability.

Like APT, I find the pear package system very nice too. It would be
very easy to adapt, but it is in PHP. It uses XML to store
informations about the files hierarchy.

Marc Lavallée told me about a simple package system that would be easy
to adapt, but I forgot its name. Marc ?

Such a topic might fit better in the pd-dev list.

Alex

2007/3/11, adam armfield <adamairmailed at yahoo.com>:
> following on from the ongoing debate about bundles for
> patches with many abstractions, I had the idea for an
> apt-get style system, where someone who wants a patch
> can enter a command & get all necessary abstractions
> at the same time...

Alexandre Quessy
http://alexandre.quessy.net