[PD] Patch Crashed Durring Development and Will Not Reopen

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Mar 12 04:52:00 CET 2007

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 10:06:29AM -0700, mark edward grimm wrote:
> HA! yeah i imagine it is! I thought i had learned my
> lesson to make number-sequenced backups as i went
> along from the early days of digital video editing but
> obviously not!

You should really look at installing a versioning system. It will make
your life so much easier. You don't have to maintain complicated
backups as it's all taken care of for you, and you can automatically
revert to any past version when something bad like this happens.

Does anybody know of a versioning system that runs on a native PC and
doesn't require a server? I think bzr might actually do this.

Best,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx
http://mccormick.cx