[PD] oldschool rave synths

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 06:42:57 CET 2007

Dunno if you can make this into anything useful. It's very nasty.

twin vari-slope triangle -> chebyshev waveshaper -> formant
  ^                                       |

I was trying to get something like a "virus" sound for a mate who
is into jungle. This is the "weaponised" version with no anti-aliasing
whatsoever (apparently that makes it sound better).
Careful, it's already claimed one set of speakers. You might want to
put some filters on the output to tame it a bit.

But it's not classic "hoover". You want lots of detuned triangles for
that. Somewhere there's one called Edgar.pd I made which does that quite
nicely, but just rip the dual slope triangle out of this one, dupe it a few
times and give them a spread of about 3%, that's the secret ingredient.