[PD] external viewers for additional file types ?

Pete Redest postal759 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 04:19:48 CET 2007

Will take a look at the code and check for use of tk_fileChooser - may
be someone has more specific info I can use.

BTW, I am guessing that the particular bad behavior when clicking on a
PDF file, is that there is a bug in the browser, whereby it takes the ".pd"
of the ".pdf" suffix and "believes" it is a PD file, then tries to open it
in
PD. That looks at first as a "hang" but if I wait 2 minutes, I see a lot of
binary-printed insults in the PD log area, like:
GEM: with help by Guenter Geiger, Daniel Heckenberg, Cyrille Henry, et al.
GEM: using MMX optimization
error: %PDF-1.3: no such object
error: ?????l?à?Ù\}gßf??Õ\}???ûýòÇæÃõ]vê?dEÆÓB: no such object
..... etc ad-infinitum (well, not really infinitum: a few thousand lines
like that).