[PD] oldschool rave synths

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 14:51:25 CET 2007

Sorry Hardoff, scratch that last load of rubbish. The parasite synth is the
wrong patch, and I thought I was talking about different oscillators, it
should have been something more like the ones here. The oscillator is
a dual-slope one in hoover-triangles.pd, much easier to pull out than the last mess.

Another take is the hoover-pwm.pd, which is a juno voice basically, it's much brighter and
fizzy down low. It just depends what you want more in the low registers, up high theres
not so much difference.
One is pulse width mod of a square, the other is slope mod of a triangle, both have a bit
of frequency lfo on too at about 5 Hz. A fat Juno hoover noise uses the fast chorus
so there's one on both versions. Each has the same sequence so you can compare the sounds.
All the hoover flavours have a different character, like a highpass resonant filter
makes an interesting addition. But what they share in common is a busy sound made
by having 3 or 4 detuned components. Juno is a pwm + saw + square mix, with the
square an octave down.