[PD] Help - filters & band limited oscillators!

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 18:52:26 CET 2007

Hi Roman, I get the following error from your patch, for many of the tables:
error: 1002-square33: number of points (512) not a power of 2 plus three

Along with this error, it seems to stop playing somewhere above 360 Hz...

Thanks for your help, I'm sorry to sound grumpy, it's just that in
searching the archives mostly all I found was my old query for a year
ago. Plus everyone says to use [blosc~] but I posted in my first post,
that [blosc~] is broken, and I believe that it's known, ie here is
says:
http://blog.soundsorange.net/index.php/archives/2006/09/28/exploring-pd-extended/
"exploring pd extended
27/9/2006
CPU load rating
blosc~ - intriguing band limited oscillators, but patch is self
referential and not working"

Again, a reminder that this isn't really for me, but rather, it's the
list members chance to sell other people on PD being useful, or not,
to the outside world. [vst~] is working great so I can demonstrate
subtractive synthesis with VST's within pure data, but that's
suggesting to people that PD isn't really good for  traditional
synthesis... So if you think PD is good for synthesis, let me know
about it!!!

***Note: I personally don't use PD with Gem for VJing, and to make
weird generative MIDI sequences, mostly... I never really considered
synthesis a strong point for PD, for reasons that should now be
obvious.

~David