[PD] Help - filters & band limited oscillators!

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 15 14:08:35 CET 2007

I use Visual C++ Express Edition because it's free...Cygwin won't work,
MinGW does. I'm still not sure if MinGW and MS compiled binaries are
compatible (as in does a VCC dll work with a MinGW pd? VCC needs a
pd.lib at link time but AFAIK MinGW can use pd.exe at runtime). I
usually compile externals against Miller's latest version of pd from his
site.
For Visual C++ I make an empty project to build a dll, for the compiler
include the path to pd/src and define MSW. For the linker include the
path to pd/bin and add pd.lib as a dependency. In the linker command
line add "/export:sqosc~_setup". Then take the dll and put it in
pd/extra. The help file goes in pd/doc/5.reference. That seems to be all
that's necessary.

Martin

David Powers wrote:
> Workshop went well. I used VST's though, except for additive and wavetable ...
>
> But ... how hard is it to compile for winxp? I will try tomorrow if
> it's possible... I've got visual C++, and cygwin...
>
> ~D
>
> On 3/14/07, Martin Peach <martin.peach at sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>> Did anyone try sqosc~ yet? I'm interested to get feedback on that one.
>>
>> http://pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net/pure-data/externals/mrpeach/sqosc~/
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> David Powers wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Roman, I get the following error from your patch, for many of the tables:
>>> error: 1002-square33: number of points (512) not a power of 2 plus three
>>>
>>> Along with this error, it seems to stop playing somewhere above 360 Hz...
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help, I'm sorry to sound grumpy, it's just that in
>>> searching the archives mostly all I found was my old query for a year
>>> ago. Plus everyone says to use [blosc~] but I posted in my first post,
>>> that [blosc~] is broken, and I believe that it's known, ie here is
>>> says: