[PD] oldschool rave synths

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 15 20:45:13 CET 2007

Hallo,
shift8 hat gesagt: // shift8 wrote:

> are there any resources, books, etc out that approach the subject of
> dsp in a style like this?

I think, without some abstraction (sic!) one wouldn't get far with Pd.
It's just not a tool for ignoring certain rather abstract issues. But
I don't think you're looking for such a tool anyways. So for starters
I would recommend "Computer Music" by Dodge/Jerse. It doesn't
skip the necessary math, but has a good way of explaining it and
illustrating its use from a practical POV. It's definitly a book every
aspiring Pd user should read. I won't say the same of the "Computer
Music Tutorial", which IMO often is a bit to, uhm, referential: It's
very complete in its scope, but too often just directs you to a paper
or another book if you want to know the real details. And it's too
heavy to carry around in your bag.

A personal favourite of mine then is F.R. Moore's "Elements of
Computer Music", but it doesn't fit your description. But I come back
to it again and again, while my CMT is collecting dust.

Ciao