[PD] oldschool rave synths

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sat Mar 17 09:19:09 CET 2007

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:06:37 -0400
"Chuckk Hubbard" <badmuthahubbard at gmail.com> wrote:

> What what was?  The Csound opcode?

No the book on stats for music applications.

> I do think of it as overkill for synthesis purposes, but people use
> Csound for lots of other purposes.  I guess for algorithmic
> composition that kind of specificity is indispensible.

I'd argue for its audio precision, but then it's not realtime (by design)
in the same way that Pd is. Not sure what control stuff you could do in
csound that you couldn't in Pd (?) Never really loved the score<->orchestra
dichotomy either, without that wall to negotiate I think you have more
freedom in instrument design and in generation.

> It might have been smoother if I had distributed the beer more
> uniformly across the 10 minutes I took to drink it.  Or I could have
> used a smaller hop size to get more gradual changes.

Hop size, yeah :)