[PD] compiling GEM (cubeArray.cpp: No such file or directory)

Item State itemstatechanged at yahoo.de
Sat Mar 17 15:12:48 CET 2007

ok, thanks, i unchecked all the missing source files
(were quite a few more), now compilation completes,
but i get a linker error:

Linking
/Users/rutz/Documents/devel/fromCVS/Gem/build/Gem.pd_darwin
	can't locate file for: -lftgl
	file: -lftgl is not an object file (not allowed in a
library)

browsing my harddisk i found some header files for
ftgl (also in GemLib but no sources just headers) but
not the library. also it seems i had tried to install
it when trying to build Gimp but i failed, i remember
it was exactly because i couldn't get freetype2 to be
properly build or something. the only reference to
ftgl i found on google is this one:

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/henryj/code/index.html#FTGL

but the link to the sourcecode:

http://opengl.geek.nz/ftgl/ftgl-2.1.2.tar.gz

is broken. it seems to be also quite old (2004) ...
what shall i do? can i temporarily build GEM without
font objects support (i don't need typography at the
moment)?

thanks again, -sciss-

--- chris clepper <cgclepper at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just uncheck the box next to cubeArray.cpp and
> cubeArray.h in the Geos
> folder in XCode.  This was an experimental object
> Jamie did that never made
> it into CVS.
>
> On 3/17/07, Item State <itemstatechanged at yahoo.de>
> wrote:
> >
> > hello,
> >
> > i'm trying to compile GEM from CVS on Mac OS X
> 10.4
> > intel. i get this error when running the xcode
> project
> > build:
> >
> > i686-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1:

/Users/rutz/Documents/devel/fromCVS/Gem/src/Geos/cubeArray.cpp: