[PD] Fwd: Fwd: whitething update

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Mar 17 20:33:30 CET 2007

hi

europa989 at aol.com wrote:
> additionally initialized the reset button, with presets reset, the white
> rectangle remains. tried manipulating physical presets like focusing and
> exposure, couldnt find that to to be of resolve

which "reset" button? i know of none in pd.
is there one on the camera.
do you mean the "reset" message to the [gemwin] (which should have NO
effect)

the error you get indicates that something is wrong with re-opening the
device.
does a reboot help ? (it's windows, as i am sure you have told us...)

for one thing, this is surely unrelated to your changing [square] and
[rectangle] and whatever.

since the texture get's white (instead of blue), this indicates that no
frames are being captured any more from the camera (which corresponds to
the graph-related error message you get), which in turn means either a
driver or hardware problem.

it would be interesting to know which hardware you are using (analog
capture card, usb-cam, ieee1394-cam,...).

have you restarted pd? does it help?

if not, does the device still work with other applications? (probably
they are able to reset the device to a proper state).

if not, does a reboot help? (ok, i'm repeating myself)

fmga.sdr
IOhannes