[PD] 0.40-x new features (Was:Re: bandlimited oscillators: set of abstractions)

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Sun Mar 18 19:10:11 CET 2007

On 18/03/2007, at 10.21, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> it's actually quite simple: when instantiating a [send] without an
> argument, it gets two inlets. the right one can be used to change the
> sendsymbol. i stumbled across this feature by accident, but it is
> documented in doc/1.manual/x5.htm .

Doh. I didn't think of checking the "release note". Unfortunately the
help patch for send has not been correspondingly updated - that's
what i checked. I've altered the subject so others like me can spot
this directly.

There are other quite interesting new features. Like [declare], which
i think is really useful especially for distributing
"programs"/"instruments". It is mainly the [list length] and the
symbol building feature ($1-$2.$3) that has gotten attention.

Questions. "Support for large (>2G) soundfiles, in operating systems
that offer it" for [readfs~], i suspect it's not [soundfiler]? Also i
wonder what "6 or so patches" that have been adopted?

Thanks for bringing this forward.