[PD] pix_draw flipped

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 21:20:11 CET 2007

On 3/21/07, marius schebella <marius.schebella at gmail.com> wrote:
> you did not understand my problem. some images have a 4:3 aspect ratio,
> but not all of them. some have 3:4, some have 1:2, some are squares. I
> cannot tell that. with the texture method all pictures, which are not
> 4:3 get distorted/stretched. or am I missing something?
> marius.

Hello, do you know any Python? I highly recommend using Python with
PIL (Python Image Library) to preprocess your images for GEM.

I actually had a similar problem for a Flash site I designed, where
all things needed to be in a landscape orientation. I wrote script
checks the size of an image, and converts "portrait" to "landscape" by
making a new landscape image made up of a black rectangle and pasting
the portrait image in the center. If you want examples of the scripts
I can email some to you later.

Developing stuff like this in Python is quite easy, and dare I say,
fun... especially because once you can do bread and butter image
operations, you may realize that you can also write scripts to do
glitchy and generative operations on your images.

~David