[PD] singleton in pd (was: problems with bandlimited_oscillators)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Mar 23 10:16:34 CET 2007

Hallo,
Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:

> same questions, but asked with fewer sentences:
>
> how to implement a singleton pattern in puredata, that also works, when
> arbitrary instances are closed or deleted?

The bug, syntax noted, is a known one of the singleton implementation
developed on this list. Of course the simple workaround is to never
close the patch that created the singleton(s). You can look for this
by watching the outlet of singleton.pd IIRC.

Yes, that's a crude suggestion, but as long as we don't have a real
closebang I don't see a solution to decrement the instance counter
[value] if an objects is deleted and create a new one, if the counter
has reached 0 again.

Ciao