[PD] [ot?] pd and ableton via jack

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Sun Mar 25 01:02:37 CET 2007

Hi Cory,

probably doesn't help, but I've gotten PD and Ableton working fine and
stable for along time.

PD - various versions of 0.38 & 0.39 extended
Ableton - 5.0.1
Jack - 0.100.1

Is it possible your Jack version is too old? I don't know what comes
standard with JackOSX anymore. I manually compiled Jack at a certain
point, so it's possible I have a newer version than comes with the
standard App.

best,
d.

Myo wrote:
> hello list,
>
> I apologize if this is too off topic, but I figured there would be
> many people in this same situation here that could help.
>
> I'm trying to route audio from pd and ableton live via jack on mac os
> x 10.3.9. pd is 0.38.4-extended, ableton is 5.2, and jack is 0.74.
> interface is presonus firebox.
>
> I get everything running ok, but still get pops and clicks. changing
> the buffer size, number of physical i/o, number of virtual i/o,
> closing background processes, all have no effect. both live and pd
> function normally without jack, so I know it has something to do with
> the interactions of the 3 programs.
>
> any suggestions are very welcome.
>
> thanks alot
> cory

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 147:
"State the problem as clearly as possible"