[PD] TWAIN - scanner - pd

Jiri Heitlager | dadata.org jiri at z25.org
Mon Mar 26 14:21:41 CEST 2007

I am in the process of planning a new project that involves the use of a
scanner. Somehow I need to read the data that the scanner is sending
over the USB port into PD. Is something like this allready done so I
could have an example?

So far I only came acrosse the SANE project a JAVA lib. called Morena
and ofcourse TWAIN.
I  assume that nobody is going to hand  me a ready made code, so I am
thinking how I should aproach this. Here's how I think the basic should
be like.

1) make an JAVA app that reads in the scanner data (continously, lamp
should always be on!)
2) format the data into OSC and send it via UDP
3) set PD up to listen to a specific port.

I would really appreciate some feedback so I can continue in the right
direction.

Thank you,

Jiri