[PD] [sqosc~]-issues

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 03:13:26 CEST 2007

On 3/26/07, Martin Peach <martin.peach at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to tell, in c, if you're getting nans? It should be
> easy enough in the dsp routine to replace nans with zeros.
> It's just a question of detecting them in time. I remember you could do
> it in SANE, the old Apple math system, there was some function like isnan().

I'm reading through the math headers, and there's functions isinf(x)
and isnan(x)
I'm not yet sure of the syntax.... it's not so common to see these,
like this.  Typically the math functions will add 'f' at the end to
denote a float argument, instead of a double.  Probably there's more I
haven't found yet

> I don't see how [sqosc~] could be generating them though, since it's
> deliberately operating in a fixed range of float, the same way [osc~] does.

it is coming from tabosc~ (I think)... it's just one of those problems
where the lack of default arguments leads to an unexpected result...