[PD] HRTF

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 19:23:29 CEST 2007

On 3/27/07, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
> Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> > Pd people continue to ignore Csound, and Csound people continue to
> > ignore Pd, despite the great power of combining them.  I can't help
> > feeling like this is a symptom of being more interested in some
> > intellectual problem than in using all of the available tools to make
> > music.  Not seeing the forest for the trees, in a way.
>
> this is somewhat true, but ignores the fact that Pd is well established
> _outside_ the computer music community too.
>
> you cannot expect dsp-engineers developping the latest-and-greatest
> binaural rendering system to get into csound.
> (but they do use Pd)

Fair enough.  Csound is indeed audiocentric, as am I.  I just know
Csound has already implemented HRTF, and exists as a PD object, which
I thought the poster wanted.  If his interest is in pulling an
abstraction apart to see how it works, then Csound probably isn't the
easiest way.
As far as computer music, it's true that I come across few people who
are active on both lists, and occasional disparaging remarks about one
or the other.  I guess the best thing for me to do in that case is to
try to show some of the great things that can come from the
combination, rather than complaining about negativity.

-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com