[PD] Zexy object urn bug?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Mar 27 20:14:17 CEST 2007

Bosko Milakovic wrote:
> Hi!

>> are there any built-in objects that behave like you are expecting [urn]
>> to behave? (apart from outputting unique random numbers, that is)
>
> I expected to be like second outlet from textfile object: on the end of
> sequence you get bang. That what I expected from urn because it was writen
> in help patch.

obviously, if it's described in the help-patch it has to behave like
that (that is why i don't describe features in the help-patches ;-))

would be ok (for everybody, not just you) if the empty bang had to be
triggered separately (just like in [textfile])?

e.g. [urn 3]
would output 3 random numbers; when banged a 4th time, it would (only)
output a bang at the right-hand side; when banging a 5th time it would
output a random number again.

this is somewhat weird, as banging the object 40 times will only give
you 30 random numbers (but for those who don't care about the wraparound
but really want 40 numbers instead, they could just feedback the 2nd
outlet to the left inlet)

it would be interesting to know whether there are objections from other
users of this object.

mfa.dr
IOhannes