[PD] Some new [list]-abs: functional list processing

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Mar 28 01:23:40 CEST 2007

Hi,

CVS just saw three new abstractions for the [list]-abs collection,
that have been inspired by the functional programming functions map,
reduce and filter, known from Python and elsewhere. I attached the
patches to this mail as well.

The basic idea of how to do this in Pd is by IOhannes and Thomas
Musil. (IOhannes and I were discussing it at the LAC in Berlin.)
Instead of having the function to map inside the list-abstraction, as
I did it with [list-apply], now the operation to do on the list items
is handled outside the abstraction through a cross-connection. You'll
better understand what I mean by looking at the help files.

Ciao