[PD] text3d and general pd compiling problems on OSX tiger

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Mar 28 06:34:05 CEST 2007

On Mar 27, 2007, at 5:48 PM, chris clepper wrote:

> On 3/27/07, marius schebella <marius.schebella at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> otoh, what do I have to do to get text3d running?
> marius.
>
> Text support needs freetype and FTGL.  I recommend building both as
> static libs.
>
> Perhaps try this binary if you need something right away:
>
> http://gem.iem.at/download/SNAPSHOTS/gem-CVS20061113-OSX-i686-
> bin.tar.gz

Ideally, FTGL would be included in GemLibs since it's not included in
any of the package systems.  freetype is in Debian, Ubuntu, and Fink,
so that's easy enough.  One question is, which version of freetype
should be used from Fink (2.1.3, 2.1.4, 2.1.9, or 2.2.1):

http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/freetype219
http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/freetype2

----

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.    -
David Zicarelli