[PD] [PD-dev] including a font file with Pd-extended

Andre Schmidt andre at osku.de
Wed Mar 28 08:02:47 CEST 2007

Hi,

i got a new job as osx admin (among others) for a while now, and we are
using a particular font as "corporate design". so to ease my job for new
osx clients, i made a .pkg that installs the fonts to /Library/Fonts.
the fonts work rightaway without needing to restart or recache (just
like windowsxp)

if you dont want to install fonts to system library (eg. you dont want
to use admin rights) you can allso install the fonts to ~/Library/Fonts

but the coolest would be to be able to use the fonts from inside the pd
dir, without touching any system configs or dirs. but i dont know if
thats possible.
(like pdf uses embedded fonts, but i assume that pdf doesnt use the
system font render system ?)

cheers
andre