[PD] HRTF

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Mar 28 08:30:59 CEST 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 10:50:11PM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> You can embed Pd into a proprietary software
> and apart from telling, that you did so, you have no further
> obligations (that's why Max can use parts of Pd inside). With Csound
> this is not allowed

I must disagree with this; I think that is allowed with Csound,
actually. Under the terms of the LGPL you are allowed to link LGPL
code into a proprietary product, and you don't have to show the source
to your proprietary product. The difference is that if you modify the
source of the LGPL code (e.g. Csound itself) then you must then make
those changes available under the terms of the LGPL. With GPL you are
not even allowed to link GPL code into a closed source product (the
closed source product automatically becomes GPL). With BSD you can do
whatever you want, as you say.

Best,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx