[PD] Real-time frequency filtering and analysis

Jared linux at fridaythang.com
Wed Mar 28 06:20:31 CEST 2007

real time, determining which frequency range (from a set range of
frequencies) has the maximum level. This would be used to determine
which note is loudest out three notes.

More info: Hello! I was hoping to get some direction for a project I'm
working on. I'm also searching the mailing list archives, but I
apologize in advance if I ask questions that have been answered
elsewhere. If you think my question has already been answered, I would
appreciate any advice on how to better search the archives to find what
I'm looking for.

I am creating a staged adaptation of a 'Choose Your Own Adventure'
novel. For more information, check out the Wikipedia article at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choose_your_own_adventure The important
thing to know is there will be a branching storyline, decided by
audience voting.

For the voting, I plan for everyone in the audience to have a small
xylophone with 3. Each note will correspond to a voting choice presented
by the cast. I'm going to have microphones positioned around the theatre
to capture the xylophones and pipe them to a computer. What I'd then
like to do through PD is determine which note was 'loudest,' meaning the
most people cast it for their vote.

The voting choices will be displayed by a projector connected to the
computer running PD. Thus, I'm interested in either piping the level
information to another program (PowerPoint or something else) to display
which vote won. I'd also be interested in doing this directly through
PD, if it's possible.

I'm working my way through the PD tutorials included in the program
itself, but would appreciate any advice or suggestions on keywords I can
use to search the archives.

Please let me know if there is any information I can add to make things
more clear. Thanks in advance for all your help.
-Jared