[PD] .pdsettings and jack

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Mar 30 15:09:55 CEST 2007

victor wrote:

> Imagine that I have configured my pd-extended in gnulinux. After I make
> a little change in Startup windows and "save all settings". Well then it
> too change .pdsettings, reducing considerably the number of lib  loaded

ah i see.

> I only want have a  good  .pdsettings for my use. That's all

well, then you should add the "audioapi: 2" (for jack; as proposed in my
last email) rather than some hackish stuff with the flags.
and file a bug-report that the settings-saving mechanism breaks your
.pdsettings (see http://sf.net/projects/pure-data)

you could set everything (including 101 libraries to be loaded) via the
flags-part of the pdsettings.

however, i think this is dangerous.

> do you use often jack and gnulinux?

i never use jack and i always use gnu/linux. (btw, richard stallman
insists on even pronouncing the slash, so you shouldn't omit it ;-))

m.adsr
IOhannes