[PD] I can't create Gem objects

palmieri, ricardo ricardopalmieri at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 17:54:56 CEST 2007

i think that u need install mpeg libraries. use "aptitude install" and
"aptitude search" to locate these libraries and install then.

after install mpegs libraries, maybe i'll find other errors when initialize
pd. in each error found, look for the library using aptitude tool.

my 2 cents.

seeya

p!

2007/3/31, Javier García <tirengarfio at hotmail.com>:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
> >Sounds like the library isn't loaded.  Did you install  the .pdsettings
> >file following the instructions in the readme?
>
> I have just made that but when i open pd, it says:
>
> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux: libmpeg.so.1: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
> Gem: can't load library
>
> any idea?
>

> >From: Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>
> >To: Javier García <tirengarfio at hotmail.com>
> >CC: PD-list at iem.at
> >Subject: Re: [PD] I can't create Gem objects
> >Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 23:17:16 -0400
> >

> >Sounds like the library isn't loaded.  Did you install  the .pdsettings
> >file following the instructions in the readme?
> >
> >.hc
> >
> >On Mar 28, 2007, at 5:21 PM, Javier García wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I have just installed an extended release of puredata
> >>(Pd-0.39.2-extended-test6-linux-i686) on Ubuntu Edgy.
> >>
> >>It worked, but I tried to create a Gem object and it didnt  work...whats
> >>the
> >>problem?

> >----
> >
> >The arc of history bends towards justice.     - Dr. Martin Luther  King,
> >Jr.

ricardo palmieri
# 1185833173
[palm.estudiolivre.org]