[PD] [not really OT] a contemporary sensibility?

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sat Apr 7 05:03:05 CEST 2007

I really like that Kevin. Is there any connection between the
parts of the triptych other than a purely aesthetic one
(which works very well imho)?

Here's a piece shown in gallery for the Edinburgh Scienece Festival last year
as part of the Ensight project.

http://www.ensight.org.uk/index.php

The artwork was a print of a Pd diagram and soundtrack. The inspiration was
a spiking neuron model made by another scientist. I made an orchestral
arrangement scored by signals resulting from feeding back the
neuron model until it became chaotic (but bounded/stable).

However, many people at the exhibition were really taken with the
Pd diagram as art, and were fascinated that the diagram was a
representation of the music they hear.

a.