[PD] [not really OT] a contemporary sensibility?

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 16:30:31 CEST 2007

On 4/6/07, Greg Pond <gregpond at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Bounce these quotes by Duchamp off Debord, Deleuze and Guattari- also
> don't forget Bourriaud:
>
> "I am still a victim of chess. It has all the beauty of art - and much
> more. It cannot be commercialized. Chess is much purer than art in its
> social position."

Nice post, it's not every day when you see Duchamp, Debord, and
Deleuze mentioned in the same sentence, especially on a list that
normally focuses on technical matters! I only recently started to look
into Duchamp's life and work more deeply, and have been both intrigued
and inspired... I certainly would like to do me research into his
work.

~David